Investment in Qatar
Qatar is currently pursuing its journey towards establishing a diversified, competitive and knowledge-based economy in line with the Qatar National Vision 2030.
Qatar’s economic policies have provided support for various sectors and bolstered their contribution to economic growth, thus strengthening and enhancing investor confidence in the national economy. Qatar has been keen on developing a promising investment environment in priority sectors of the national economy, supported by an administrative and legislative system conducive to doing business and an appropriate legislative framework for business development and investments.
- Non-Qatari Investors may be exempted from the income tax for a period up to ten years
- Non-Qatari investors may be exempted from customs on the imports of necessary machinery and equipment.
- A land can be allocated for a foreign investment project by way of a renewable rent for a long renewable period of not more than 50 years.
- Non-Qatari investors in the industrial field may be exempted from customs fees on imports of raw materials or half manufactured goods necessary for production and not available in the local market.
- Information technology
- Consultancy & Technical Services
- Development & exploitation of natural resources
- Sports, Recreational, and Cultural Services
- Providing consultancy and incorporation services
- renting shops, offices and residential units
- service centers and business centers,
- clearing and completing transactions, providing delegates for daily reviewing
- printing, advertising and social media services.